Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Bo takes the Oath of Office

Yesterday I was teleported to Washington, D.C. to administer the Oath of Office to the First Dog of the United States, Bo Obama. As dictated by a time-honored tradition, the first dog takes the oath while clenching his favorite toy between his teeth.


Here follows the transcript:
Tootsie: I, Bo Obama, do solemnly swear...
Bo: I, Bo Obama, do solemnly swear...
Tootsie: ...that I will faithfully execute the Office of First Dog of the United States...
Bo: ...that I will faithfully execute the Office of First Dog of the United States...
Tootsie: ...and will to the best of my ability...
Bo: ...and will to the best of my ability...
Tootsie: ...preserve, protect, defend, and cuddle the President of the United States.
Bo: ...preserve, protect, defend, and cuddle the President of the United States.
Tootsie: So help you God?
Bo: So help me God.
Tootsie: Congratulations!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations Bo! I hope you got a special inaugural dindins. And who did you get to dance with? Woohoo! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Bo. Wishing you another 4 years of helping running the country! Great work Tootsie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Bo. And Tootsie you did a wonderful job. I hope that the dinner afterwards was full of all your favorites.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT was a moment to REMEMBER. You did super Tootsie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christa taking dictation from BrunoJanuary 22, 2013 at 9:05 AM

    Cute! Cuddles are very important.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tootse, I'm very impressed! Did you get to play later in the Rose Garden?
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, tootsie!

    Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...