Monday, August 20, 2012

The Red Horn of Uri

The Red Horn of Uri (Uri Rothorn) is one of the best-looking mountains in Central Switzerland.


Its summit towers over 8,000' above Lake Lucerne.


Due to my mouse hunting schedule in Idaho, I was unable to join Dad on this adventure. Fortunately, Dad's hike was punctuated by four fabulous doggy encounters with Terry, Max, Biwa, and Fluff.

Here's Terry, doing his own thing.


Here's Max, who spends summers at the Biwaldalp Hut.


Here's Biwa, Max's fur-brother.


And here's Fluff, a gorgeous little ball of fur and fluffy love.


Now guess which one of these great dogs made it to the top of Uri Rothorn on the same day as Dad! Can you guess which one?

13 comments:

  1. I say...Fluff! But mommy says it was prolly Terry!! I see you follow my bloggy now but did you enter our contest??!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We think Fluff, too. Don't you worry when your Dad is seeing other dogs?

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous.
    We also think Fluff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm betting my bones on Fluff.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess Biwa!

    xoxoxo,
    Erika and Sebastian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I'm glad to hear that your Dad got a dog fix while you're in Idaho mouse hunting. I think Biwa was the one who probably made it in a backpack! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet it was Biwa or Fluff, riding up in a backpack. That is such a gorgeous view.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of our guide dog's names is Biwa! I'm going to guess that Biwa made it to the top since we know Biwa the guide dog is such a hard worker.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm gonna agree with most everyone, I think it also might be fluff.

    Yuki and Rocket

    ReplyDelete
  10. No way guys, clearly it is Max! Notice how he is the only dog pictured with actual mountains in the backgrounds. Go Max!

    Also, your pictures are lovely. Mama hopes to one day see some mountains with as many beauties as those!

    Love,
    Reuben

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...