Monday, August 27, 2012

Vernate on Google Maps

Dachshund Daddy Here.

Yesterday, I got upset at Google Maps because they had a number of mistakes about places around southern Switzerland.

For instance, take this major thoroughfare through the hill town of Vernate:


Google Maps failed to indicate that it provides through access to bicycles, pedestrian, and dogs, including miniature dachshunds. These are not recent photos. Tootsie and her mom are still in Idaho across the Atlantic pond. I miss them, so I look at lots of photos. I also console myself by studying Google maps.


I reported the issue, and Google replied:

Thank you for reporting this problem. We've reviewed your problem and you were right! The default view in Google Maps has already been updated to reflect your suggested change, as shown below.
Alright, you're welcome, but Goo-Goo person needs to take a remedial English Composition class. "We've reviewed your problem"? It's not my problem if your maps are so blatantly inaccurate. And, please, replace "your suggested change" with "our unforgivable omission".

Same thing for this other arterial link for bikes, pedestrians, and dogs connecting the twin hamlets of Guasti di Neggio and Guasti di Vernate.


Goo-Goo person has already fixed that, too. Now it's time to work on the wording of those Goo-Goo automated messages!

It's also time for Tootsie and her mom to cross the Atlantic pond in an eastward direction!

10 comments:

  1. I am impressed you even got a reply. Hope you all are back together soon. Me and my MOM are going backpacking in the middle of nowhere Idaho at the end of this week. Maybe I'll run into them.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we followed Google Maps or any other online maps (especially MapQuest), we'd be lost forever! It's incredible how inaccurate those maps are. They're email is so typical - never take responsibility, always cast it off in another direction. Do they really think they're fooling anyone?! Humph. ;)

    BTW Tootsie is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Y'all!

    Just hoppin' by to say "hi".

    It isn't just in Switzerland. Here in the U.S. there are roads, one near here, that no longer go through...end in a creek where a bridge washed out and was never replaced. People's maps send them there to hopefully not end up in a rushing creek or river.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bad Goo-Goo! Bad! No treat for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is up to fine upstanding citizens like you (and all us pups and their peoples) to keep Google Maps in line. Thank you dear Tootsie's Daddy, for taking care of that. And I think it is SO sweet that you miss Tootsie and her Mom.
    Hope they come back safe and soon! I know they miss you too.
    Love, Pixel Blue Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for setting them straight.
    I was delighted to discover recently that the UK Google Streetview cameras caught my father riding his bicycle down the road where my parents live!
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeez, I'd like to get you on my side in a dispute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. SHE loves those narrow streets. Our streets are always WIDE (except the national highways...BOL!) When SHE visits Europe, SHE comes home with thousands of photos of narrow streets!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    We're surprised you got an answer, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm surprised Goo Goo actually got a positive response. Last time I sent a message to Goo Goo they said they'd try to correct "my problem" within 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...