Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Cuyamaca Rancho State Park

Dachshund Daddy was recently sighted at Cuyamaca Rancho State Park in San Diego County. Roger and Gerald saw him ride his bike up the fire road to Cuyamaca Peak.


Sally confirmed the DD sighting in her doggygram earlier today.


DD sent me this photo of the view from nearby Stonewall Peak, which apparently is off limits to dogs.


I was upset to hear that. Mountain lions are allowed on those trails; how come dogs aren't? Any thoughts, dear readers?


And here's what Cuyamaca Rancho State Park looks like from the air -- DD took this photo on his flight out of San Diego.

9 comments:

  1. That is such species discrimination! Allowing kittehs but not pups?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't seem too fair to me...but then again, I don't think I'd argue with a Mountain Lion!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Casey.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an awesome view! Maybe they just want to protect the doggies from the mountain lions?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dogs NOT ALLOWED but cats ARE???!!! Disgraceful.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe it's BECAUSE of the mtn. lions, that dogs aren't allowed. They aren't your average kitty, and you sure wouldn't want to run into one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least someone got to have fun!

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  8. bicontinental-dachshund.blogspot.com has dropped out of my reading list on Google Reader today.
    I couldn't find it, so I re-subscribed. Then it appeared. I checked later, it was gone again.
    Then I tried to re-subscribe and it would not subscribe. So, unless by magic, it returns tomorrow, I guess I'll have to subscribe by e-mail. But, this is unusual. Perhaps you can help?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm guessing its a good thing, Tootsie! A mountain lion is not a little kitteh and could probably eat a littledog (or a big one) quite easily. Stay home by the fire I say! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...