Friday, June 14, 2013

Steven Gould and Anza-Borrego Desert

Do you ever wish you could teleport? I do, and so does Jack...


especially when he's visiting parks where the range of permitted canine activities is restricted, like Anza-Borrego State Park in Southern California.


Recently, I've been reading all about teleportation in Steven Gould's fascinating novels: Jumper, Reflex, Impulse, and Jumper: Griffin's Story. Gould's characters are somehow able to jump, i.e., teleport to wherever they want, as long as they've been there before. Unfortunately, Jack and I aren't quite up to that.


In Jumper: Griffin's Story, the main character is haunted by a ruthless organization whose goal is to kill anyone who can jump. To stay safe, he moves to a cave in the middle of Anza-Borrego State Park. I wonder if he was the one who messed with the sign below.


Jack has only read the original Jumper, but plans to catch up.


Here's one place I'd love to jump to: the Palm Oasis at Anza-Borrego State Park. It's the third largest palm oasis in California, and for some reason dogs aren't welcome, but human teenagers are. Dear Park Authorities, ever heard of common sense?

4 comments:

  1. No Parking/No Barking is cracking us up! Butt we can't believe thay don't allow dog's.

    Happy teleporting! (if you can figure it out.....)

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to teleport, ever since I was a child (big SF buff). I was less keen after I saw The Fly. Wasn't Jumper a movie with Hayden Christiansen in it? Great sign, kudos to the person who messed it up LOL. I'm glad It's not just me visiting places with not a lot of common sense. I often wonder about clothes shops that don't allow dogs in because they might damage something, but will allow little children with chocolate and ice cream fingers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silly humans!! Great shots!! Following from the Saturday blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silly humans! Great shots!! Following from the Saturday blog hop!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...