Thursday, June 12, 2014

Italian Course

Mom finished her Italian course today! I've been studying along with her, but she didn't take me to the final class. It's 32 C here today (90 F) and too hot for me to sit inside my house during the class. (The school doesn't have any AC.) I don't think Il Maestro ever realized I was coming to class, but all the students did.


I learned a lot over this past while. Mom didn't learn as much as I did. In fact, she says she's backtracking. Learning a language is like that for her -- a tiny bit forward and a lot backward. Or it's like the movie Groundhog Day because Mom takes the same course over and over and over. Maybe she'd learn more if Bill Murray were in her course.

Mom's classmate from Croatia asked after me. Today, Mom said Ms. Croatia sat next to Ms. Brazil, which is fitting since the World Cup starts today with a match between those two teams.

Mom got to talk about her dreams for an ideal job. She said that in reality her life is pretty sweet right now. She loves having me, writing books, teaching, being married to Dachshund Daddy, and she feels freaky lucky to travel between southern Switzerland and northern Idaho. Still, Mom said a dream job would be running a school for doggies (un scuola una scuola per i cani) and also running puppet shows. Apparently, Mom said she would like me to star alongside marionettes. Excuse me... I'm a dachshund, not a puppet!


I hope whatever language you're learning and whatever skills your building are all coming along. Remember: dream big, live real.


Love,
Tootsie




3 comments:

  1. We think that Mom has the right idea for her dream job! We know she'll excel at it bcuz you're such a good teacher Tootsie.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dat are pawsome dat your momma are learnin Eyetalian. All my momma knows is a lil bit of Spanish and even her English are not da perfectest. BOL!

    Hmm, can your momma now order some tasty Eyetalian foodz for ya in da right language? Maybe I should get my momma to learn some more languages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tootsie, you are so lucky going to Italian class. I'm told Hamish used to attend Deutschklasse with Gail, but I have never been allowed. Something about my ankle chewing tendencies apparently. Which I have totally grown out of now.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...