Monday, June 25, 2012

Billboards, Butts, and Beauty

Mom always asks Dad to take pictures of me posing with billboards.


Dad always takes pictures of me that include Mom's, um, posterior portion.


What's a little sausage to do?


Go hiking!

These are photos from our first high-alpine Swiss hike of 2012. Do you think my dorky parental units might have realized there would still be snow at 7,000 feet?


 That's okay, though, because I got cuddles up high.



And then we kept hiking. It was hot but beautiful. In the picture below, across the valley (well, sort of across the valley), there is a place called the Valley of the Dogs. Please, Dad, take us there!


Though, here, was wotten waven, too. I even found a little bit of shade for a little bit of sausage.


Can you see me?

On another note, please accept all of our deep thanks for your wonderful comments about my finalist status for BlogPaws 2012 (as a "Best Newbie" blog) and about Mom's finalist status for Foreword Reviews. Neither of us won in the traditional sense, but in the non-traditional sense? It's all wotten waven. Many congratulations to The Intrepid Pup for winning "Best Newbie" blog at BlogPaws 2012!

18 comments:

  1. We spotted you! That snow looks cool, its so hot around here we wouldnt mind a hike in the swiss alps.

    urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Tootsie, does your papa get into trouble for that posterior thing? Mine does. Sorry you didn't win the award. I must have missed the ceremony! You're definitely still wottten waven though :)

    Hooroo little sausage! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a grreat shady spot for some sausage! It looks comfy cozy, plus you had an amazing view.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BaaaaaWaaaaah... I'm with you about the PEEPs BUTTS.... they are no way near as interesting as OUR butts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You both are winners as far as I am concerned. That snow looks wonderful!!It took me a moment but with my keen eye sight I spotted you.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're always winners to us! What a beautiful place
    Nola

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful place! looks like you found a great spot under the edge of that rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Y'all,

    Just wanted stop and see if y'all had a fun weekend. Looks like y'all had fun! Hope so! Wishin' y'all a great week and a wonderful summer!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chester and Gretel are jealous. They wish they could go hiking in Switzerland.

    Congratulations on your newbie blog nomination. We will go check out the formal winner (although we know you are a winner in your own right).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some really pawsome pics - just keep wagging that tail. I wish I could go hiking in my native Switzerland too - it looks really cool. You might have even met my Swiss Mountain Dog daddy over there *waggy tail*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you follow Wild Dingo? (www.wilddingo.com) They are also americans in Switzerland and are currently blogging about an Alpine hike. I'm sending them your link, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another great hike. So pleased you managed to find some shade under that rock Tootsie. One can't be too careful of one's complexion under the high altitude rays.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks great. We love to come cross snow on a warm summer hike.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel like I may as well be in the Alps, it's mid winter here in South Africa. PS my dogs best friends are sausages

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think we've met before, but I didn't know you're mom was a dancer. I've been in and out of dance my whole life (minored in it in college) and know modern dance history quite well. well, well-enough! I just bought your mom's book on Kindle and i'm excited to read it. for now, i'm too busy traveling and hiking switzerland with the cracker and the criminal, but getting back into dance (albeit ballroom) is on the bucket list. eventually i'll get back to it. it's in my blood. can't wait to read the book! excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You just have the most exciting walks. We love going along with you.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella &Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh look at that view! Looks beautiful. What a wonderful hike we love doing that. Also we love the billboard shot. BOL! ;)
    ~Weinerful Gang~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Tootsie,

    It was great to see you as a Finalist in the Blogpaws awards!! :)

    I can't believe you have Snow in the Summer, how cool - have fun,

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...